The Scholars Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWC guild for Scholars in the combine. A place to read, discuss, present and learn about Philosophies, cultures, language amongst other things. The guild is faction neutral and accepts all into its halls.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges Empty
PostSubject: Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges   Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 2:44 am

Con Semper recently submitted his research on sithspawn, long thought to be the hideous results of Sith alchemy masters. Semper posits that Sithspawn actually represent the most ancient form of direct genetic engineering via the Force.

The galaxy has seen several outbreaks of plagues which alter or affect genetic material. This started with the Derra virus and continued in several different strains.

Could Semper's findings be a new way to look at the cause and nature of the disease? Could we look at it as a kind of force-virus? A metaphysical anomaly?

What could these findings mean for the treatment of the infected?
Back to top Go down
Con Semper
Junior Scholar
Junior Scholar
Con Semper

PostSubject: Re: Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges   Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 3:16 am

I must admit that when these plagues first arrived, I felt strongly that they had something to do with Sith Alchemy. Granted there are things beyond my knowledge in this galaxy,natural viruses and plagues being one of them. However these metamorphosis plagues remind me of Sith talismans which have been known to hold formulas that can create Sithspawn by proximity alone. Sithspawn have also been known to transfer their genetic code through bites, or more precisely their saliva.

It is my theory that there is some kind of artifact of Derra which is creating Sithspawn and those affected individuals are then passing on their affliction on to others in the wider galaxy. Though what puzzles me is the variation in those affected. Any numbers of species are transforming into any number of species and those unfortunate few who have found themselves caught in between. Never before have I seen any Sith relic capable of such variety.
Back to top Go down
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges   Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 pm

This is an interesting take of the origin, but how can we explain those affected with no tie to Derra at all?

Whether or not Sith alchemy lies at the root of the epidemics, could Force-medicine, like a reverse-sithspawn be way to treat or cure the diseases?
Back to top Go down
Con Semper
Junior Scholar
Junior Scholar
Con Semper

PostSubject: Re: Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges   Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 10:11 pm

I think the question we should be asking, is can we prove that there are those affected with no ties to Derra? Saliva is often the means for infection, but what if some clever Sith made is plague airborne? These kinds of things are often highly infectious, and as they are created through the force, they have a tremendous longevity.

As for a cure, I would say there is likely no cure or possibility of one. You have to remember that what you are looking at is a completely new organism with it's own new DNA structure. It's not a foreign body that your own antibodies can expel. It is the remote manifestation of a Sith alchemist directly affecting one's Midi-chlorians. The only way to change a species back would be to perform Sith Alchemy on an individual and try to rebuild them into their original species. This would have to be done on a case by case basis, and no "antidote" could be produced on a large scale. There is also no guarantee that one would not become infected again.

Back to top Go down
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges   Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 12:31 am

If there is a definite connection to the Force implicit in this infection's origin and nature, could those more sensitive to the force be able to detect it early or stop it in its early stages?
Back to top Go down
Con Semper
Junior Scholar
Junior Scholar
Con Semper

PostSubject: Re: Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges   Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:26 am

The only preventatives I've heard about, directly relate to the rakghoul plague. The first was supposedly a antidote used during the Jedi Civil War. The second is rare force ability that could halt the affects once begun. A strong enough force sensitive might be able to stave off the effects if caught early enough, but to have affected so many, it is strong will indeed that one would have to compete with.

Though I'm interested to hear your theories as well as Wraith Tull's I've heard him mentioning knowing the truth behind this on several occasions.
Back to top Go down
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges   Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:20 am

I am not a medical professional, but Imperator Tull has done extensive research on it, having been affected twice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges   Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sithspawn as relating to the recent genetic plauges
Page 1 of 1