The Scholars Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWC guild for Scholars in the combine. A place to read, discuss, present and learn about Philosophies, cultures, language amongst other things. The guild is faction neutral and accepts all into its halls.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xuxhi
Scholar
Scholar
Xuxhi

Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche? Empty
PostSubject: Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche?   Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:33 pm

By now, most of us have seen the gns headline of change of leadership.

Year 14 Day 56:: Cheda Quche, the leader of New Republic was replaced today by Director Wedge Achilles.

Update: A full GNS article by NR has been aired.

A New Era, A New Republic

Following rumours of the death of the New Republic Chief of State, Cheda Quche, a statement from High Ambassador Andrew Harris of the New Republic has been released.

"I wish that we were able to deny the rumours that are spreading regarding the fate of our Chief of State. It is with much sadness, however, that I must confirm that Cheda Quche is missing, presumed dead at the hands of the petty criminal Fleur`De Rouge. The last transmission received from him indicated his intention to take his own life rather than allow himself to be interrogated by the enemies of freedom.

Feelings within the New Republic are summed up in the words of interim CoS Wedge Achilles: "The loss of the Chief of State is a source of sadness to the New Republic. But the real tragedy is always the loss of life, not the loss of an official. Cheda Quche was a living being first and it will be the person that is missed most by people who were close to him. All lives have the same value and they are the most valuable thing in the galaxy. That is why the New Republic is in mourning. But the people will be strong. They will stand united and they will keep their ideals, the same ones for which Cheda Quche died. The Chief of State is just one person - a single public servant. The New Republic will always be bigger than him, even if the Chief of State is sometimes a larger than life figure. Freedom, democracy, equality and security are the defining qualities of the New Republic, not the will and decisions of a leader.

Cheda Quche will be missed, but his memory will live on."

Chief of State Quche had been a fighter pilot in Starfighter Command for a number of years prior to his election as Chief of State. He had always shown a willingness to put his own life on the line in the pursuit of the Republic's ideals, which he held so dear. This situation was no different, with Cheda leading from the front. Whilst doing so, he took a daring risk that resulted in his capture. It was well known that Cheda never doubted his ability to remain active in the field, amongst his friends and citizens. He never opted to remain in the safety of a Home One Cruiser hidden behind a line of guardsmen. No, our Chief of State was a man of courage and that has ultimately led to his capture. Cheda Quche will be remembered as an active, caring leader for the whole New Republic. Whilst a period of mourning has been declared the Republic is holding emergency elections to ensure the continuity of the NR. Director Wedge Achilles has temporarily taken over command, as Cheda's chosen deputy.

It is believed that the Imperial Remnant is already planning to string the body of the Chief of State up in a barbaric show of force. Probably to further terrorise their citizens as to the futility of the "rebel" cause. My message now turns to you, citizens of the Empire. Do not let them deceive you. Our cause is just and your leaders would have you believe we are weak. This is not true. The Republic is not made up of just one man. We are a collective body; a team; a family. And we will win this war.

As sad as this situation may be the New Republic will keep fighting tyranny. Every New Republican knows the danger of being at war for the betterment of galactic freedom. Cheda was not the first to die for the cause and sadly will not be the last. Each and every one of those deaths will be remembered.

Long Live The New Republic."

Back to top Go down
Tor Sedith
Junior Scholar
Junior Scholar
Tor Sedith

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche?   Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 pm

The New Republic seems to be writing in a more agitated tone than proud by opening criticizing the Empire in what should be an elegaic response, which is not what I would see as an effective method towards garnering support and empathy for their comrade's recent death. Moreover, I believe the texts tell us more than the words; there are many grammatical errors such as:
1. Whilst a period of mourning has been declared the Republic is holding emergency elections to ensure the continuity of the NR. Director Wedge Achilles has temporarily taken over command, as Cheda's chosen deputy. (There should be a comma after declared as it is a complex sentence).
2. As sad as this situation may be the New Republic will keep fighting tyranny. (This is another complex sentence where there should be a comma after be, since the sentence began with a subordinate clause).
3.Long Live The New Republic." (No opening quote?).

Whether this be labeled as carelessness or stupidity, I more strongly believe the New Republic felt rushed to send out this GNS post before anyone else could.

Also, I see this as a large security threat to the New Republic for even though Cheda Quche "never opted to remain in the safety of a Home One Cruiser hidden behind a line of guardsmen," he should have been forced to have some aspect of protection. This is quite interesting, and I wonder how the Empire will respond.
Back to top Go down
Mao Aadir
Scholar
Scholar
Mao Aadir

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche?   Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 pm

Surely there should have been more extensive security measures in place, but as we know little of how the capture took place I think we must refrain from hasty judgment.
Back to top Go down
Xuxhi
Scholar
Scholar
Xuxhi

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche?   Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:04 am

I heard....

It was a failed attempt to catch GE's Seele by having Fleur dRouge using Cheda as bait.

So
1. Why would anyone trust her ??? Is this another Keir Syndrome (where the victim knows the person is untrustworthy but tries it anyway)?
2. They had to be prepared for this contingency (the GNS said that he was taking a risk, I believe), so he hopefully wouldn't have lost all his personal assets.

Any other rumors/theories heard?
Back to top Go down
Ashura Harma
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Ashura Harma

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche?   Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:47 pm

I believe in 1. Those red haired girls have a way to lure men, although anyone knows they are dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche?   Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:17 pm

I would like to hear the full rumor and source for the "bait" theory. I do not think the NR would entrust their Chief of State to a bounty hunter, it doesn't line up. If, however, they did indeed do this very thing, it would indicate a desperation on their part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche?   Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion: What happened to NR's Cheda Quche?
Page 1 of 1