The Scholars Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWC guild for Scholars in the combine. A place to read, discuss, present and learn about Philosophies, cultures, language amongst other things. The guild is faction neutral and accepts all into its halls.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) Empty
PostSubject: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) GalaxyMap_zps15000a3a

Here are the findings of my research on politics. Note only governments were include, though I do not want to downplay the role of invidual business and groups. The largest change from last year is BS coming under the IU banner, and Eidola gaining large ground in the western outer rim.

Another thing to watch is the GE's "claimed" boundry, which encompasses wild space and members of the GA and GC. Can the Empire both claim GC space and honor their NAP with GC members?

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Falleen Federation joined the GC? Seems GNS worthy.

Here seem to be the strategic dispositions:

Imperial Union:A policy of Force Projection, aided by their Tresario and Black Sun allies may result in the targeting of GA holdings in the Ehosiq and Inner Cluster Sectors specifically. If they antagonize Eidola, they may not win the conflict. Avoiding Eidola would result in a loss of image for the Empire, and Eidola would be able to capitalize on an image as "Defenders of Freedom in the Outer Rim".

Galactic Concoordiate:The Trade Federation Market is showing that the GC is poised for economic dominance, especially if their proposed trade network becomes a reality. The GC also serves a role as a buffer zone. Thus far, the Imperial Union has maintained its NAP with the GC, but the same cannot be said for the Galactic Alliance. The conflict on Jandur has left some distrust of the GA among GC members, specifically of Bothan Media Services.

Galactic Alliance:The GA has been in a poor strategic position of of late. The question of whether Eidola is friend or foe is regarded differently by different GA member-states, a few of which have signed NAP's with the Pirate Organization. A lack of strategic direction by the GA has also led to member-state's pursuing their own strategic interests in manner that has not always benefitted the GA's penultimate goal of ending the Imperial Regime on Coruscant. The best recent example of this was the events on Jandur. Bothan Media Services embarked on a policy on naked expansionism when it observed political instability on one of the worlds of the small Mindabaal League. BMS was unaware that the League was under the protection of the much powerful Avance Coalition, itself a member of the GC. BMS hopes for a quick grab for territory have been dashed by bringing the entire Alliance to the brink of war, and have only added support to those who wish to expel them.The withdrawal of the Falleen Federation, upon the ascension to the Throne of a King linked to Black Sun, has also shaken the morale of the GA. Gains continue to be made by individual member-states, most notably Krath. Krath created the Nova Crystal which challenged the Imperial Monetary Monopoly.A Krath Officer commanded the Galactic Alliance forces on Derra.Krath colonized the Inner Cluster and provided a future avenue of invasion.

Eidola Pirates:While they retain the name pirates, Eidola operates more as Warlords than bandits. While each Pirate is free to do as they please, they have officers who are veterans of many Galactic Conflicts. Eidola's officers, or Quartermasters, rule over significant territory. Eidola appears to have no grand strategic designs, but the political instability on Nar Shadda(The Smuggler's Moon) may be a flashpoint for Eidola's enemies.

At this stage, the main focus for all involved seems to be expansion through colonization, with conflicts arising when colonies are contested. The galactic arms market can expect to expand greatly in the coming months as those that do not have enough weapons and equipment will strive to get them.

Here a few predictions, based on what is publicly known:

1) Falleen Federation may join the Galactic Concoordiate.
FF will need a guarantee against Imperial Aggression. They are NOT likely to join the IU, because the Tresario Star Kingdom is a member. Joining would present a challenge to the IU because of rumors that King Vatz's succession was motivated by his own desire for the Falleen Throne.

2) Bothan Media Services expelled from GA
It is known that a movement to kick BMS out of the GA has been building, could the continued conflict with a neutral power be the last straw?

3) Krath declines to the point of weakness, and possibly Civil War
Krath Dynasty and the entire Krath Alliance can be broken into the following ideological categories:
Krath Cultists:Strict aherents to the Krath Religion. They currently control the Krath Dynasty Government and the Nova Crystal. Whether they remain in power is based on whether they can keep the Nova Crystal strong.

Krathalorians:When Grevendar Togl left Mandalore to join Krath, while refusing to support Kai Oryk as Mand'alor, it was significant because it allowed for the creation of third power bloc of Mandalorians, known as the Krath Assembly of Mandalorian Clans. This assembly is small, but these Clans are auxillaries in Krath's War with the Empire. More significantly, is that this group is restrained by Krath from acting against Tyr Demeer by way of Krath's treaty with Mandalore, and Mandalore is a member of the GC. By focusing their energies on the Empire and Imperial Union only, Krath's Military( who are either Krathalorians themselves and/or have been trained by them) is avoiding the mistake Bothan Media made on Jandur. The fact that this treaty included the transfer of the planet Karedda to Mandalore control, has angered Kai Oriyk, who is advising caution in all his supporters who deal with Krath.

Exiles:Formerly known as the Commonality before their annexation by Krath, the community known as the Exiles have exerted an effort into establishing their own bases. Their pilots and engineers were instrumental in the exploration and development of the Inner Cluster, and fought alongside Krath Warriors against colonists of the so-called "Arkona Terrtories", a collection of fiefdoms on the planet of Arkona that are funded and managed by two members of the Criminal Zann Consortium.

4) Attack on a significant Imperial Core World.
Should the GA be able to organize themselves to coordinate major military operations, expect an attempt to take a key Core planet.
Back to top Go down
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Whoops. I guess FF aren't in the GC. I could have swore they were. bad research on my part.

What do you make of the NAP's between GC and IU, but the GE claiming GC space?
Back to top Go down
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 10:23 pm

I do not think they are "claiming" the space in any sense, but only declaring that they have the right to project forces into those areas should Imperial Security be threatened. Right now, it is in the IU's best interest to maintain their NAP with the GC, and allow GC territory to remain a buffer zone against GA incursion. Supporting BMS's assault on Jandur and expelling a founding GA member have not exactly been the smartest moves the GA has made.

Now with Wedge's return to the Secretary-General's chair, NR is back in the driver's seat for the GA. Also there is conspiracy theory that Wedge Achilles had Cheda killed , either to promote policies he favored, or because he was an enemy agent. Whether this conspiracy theory has any merit, it does stand to note that recent CoS's have been associated with Achilles. Chief of State Wok was a Navy Admiral appointed to Command the New Republican Military by Chief of State Lukastar Narvka and as Acting Chief of State upon the resignation of Chief of State Kara Webb(Kara DuMonte before her marriage to longtime NR politician Ghon Webb). Conspiracies about Narvka being a Black Sun agent aside, both he and Kara were known supporters of Achilles. Kara has recently returned to active service in the New Republic, so she may also be a factor in their politics, depending on what assignment she has been given.

We may in fact see a shift towards a unified foreign policy on the part of the GA, especially regarding Eidola. A move to declare Eidola an enemy of the GA may alienate the Rogue Squadron bloc. Rogue Squadron has the same expansionist policy as Bothan Media Services, and form a powerful bloc. If New Republic places pressure on the other member-states to declare Eidola an enemy, BMS and RS may leave the GA. Rogue Squadron's access to rare technologies give them an edge, and may be a factor as to why BMS is still in the alliance. GA citizens must tolerate the aggressive foreign policy of BMS or risk RS withdrawal and lose their discounts on rare tech like Heavy Battle Armour. The dominant power blocs within the GA can be categorized as New Republic , Jedi , Rogue Squadron, Krath, and Triumvirate. Every Government and Company within the GA is within the ambit of one of these groups. Triumvirate's actions on Jandur have implicated it in the BMS's policy, but have shown that they take their commitment to the GA seriously.The GA needs to develop a consistent foreign policy before it can make any coordinated plans against the Imperial Union.

The obvious x-factor is Eidola. The GA must decide whether they consider the Pirates an enemy to the people of the Outer Rim. Doing so would not only be conceding a point of agreement to the Galactic Empire, but risk the loss of two more member states. However, failing to respond to Eidola would allow Imperial Propagandists to define the GA as a coalition of outlaws, who excuse the crimes of known Pirates.

While the IU and GC are developing projects to demonstrate cooperation, the GA member-states are retreating to their own territories to focus on domestic concerns. This creates a policy of "we each fight the GE/IU in our own way.". The problem is do they define the IU to mean the GE only, because not every member-state defines their state of war with the GE to include the Tresario Star Kingdom. Unless the leaders of the GA can develop a unified foreign policy, the GA will become an alliance-in-name only.
Back to top Go down
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 9:28 am

Het_Patchateeka has left the NR after a lengthy investigation in which he was accused of stealing NR Technology, and found to be not guilty.

He was a well known member of the New Republic, and ran Kerdos under the DuMonte Administration.

He would definitely been someone to interview about the current state of the New Republic, especially in light of the recent movement to abolish the Senate.
Back to top Go down
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 12:14 am

Looks like Avance is merging with TF.

This also may mean that their corporate entities may also be merging as well(Czerka may merge with Commerce Guild).

On the GA front, Freedom Warriors are leaving the GA.
Back to top Go down
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 4:36 am

I can confirm that Czerka is staying with the Kingdom of Elysia, along with Golan Technologies. The Kingdom is a neutral monarchy under Arklari Clise, responsible for defending the north-east sectors of Old Avance.

What impact do you think the merge will have on politics?
Back to top Go down
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 4:57 am

Well it depends on the following factors:

1) Is Kingdom of Elysia going to be a part of the GC?

2) What about the Wraiths, Rendili Stardrive, and the other Avance affiliated groups that are not joining KoE?

In the greater scheme of things, this is a reshuffling inside the GC bloc, and known to insiders for a awhile. The question is how will the TF use this new influx of technology and wealth to increase its influence?

Back to top Go down
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:44 am

The Wraiths are now independent and control all the planets and systems they used to control. I speculate they will maintain close relations like before, but less on the books. It is just speculation, though.

All other non-KoE groups have already merged with the TF and are becoming NAT's. So far there has been no talk of the existing NAT's eating the Avance groups, but they are finding niches for them so as not to be redundant.

The KoE is a protectorate of the TF, so I imagine they would be involved in the GC after they sure up their in-house issues. I will be watching the Elysian experiment very closely, having helped lay its foundations before joining TF. They have an interesting vision and some talented staff, but I am curious A) will it be enough and B) how their independence will affect the TF, as it will be missing a large part of the old Avance space. Should they have had the Elysian territory and scquired another sector or two, TF mmight be in the running for GG, right?

As for the last question, from what I can gather the priority is securing better what they already have, integrating the old Avance infrastructure into the TF modes of operation,update all things to code, and make sure what they have is covered before any expansion. What this does do, however, is provides a more unified front for neutrality. A large infrastructure and larger budgets supporting a larger and more powerful economy, army, and navy of Dreads and 'Hulks. If defense can be secured, it should keep the tide of war further from the GC with the larger TF as its head.
Back to top Go down
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 7:26 am

TF has always been one of the most dominant powers of the GC since its founding.

Strategically, the Concoordiate is a buffer zone between the Imperial Union controlled Core Worlds and the Galactic Alliance dominated Outer Rim. Of those to, only the GA has earned some mistrust from the GC in the aftermath of Jandur.

The Imperial Union and Galactic Concoordiate can survive on the strength of their economies, militaries, and political will.

The Galactic Alliance appears to be acting as more an association of convenience than an active alliance. The fact that the Freedom Warriors have left proves that you don't need to be in the GA to oppose the GE.

I expect that we may see an internal reorganization of the GA very soon.
Back to top Go down
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 12:43 am

Observing trends in the GA, what are the odds it will happen at or, or be effective enough to change tides?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)   Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Galatic Political Lines (new galactic map)
Page 1 of 1