The Scholars Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWC guild for Scholars in the combine. A place to read, discuss, present and learn about Philosophies, cultures, language amongst other things. The guild is faction neutral and accepts all into its halls.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Centrepoint and its Competitors

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

Centrepoint and its Competitors Empty
PostSubject: Centrepoint and its Competitors   Centrepoint and its Competitors I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:54 pm

With the advent of the Trade Federation Market, managed through its Federation Holdings Group, is there a new challenger to Centrepoint's market dominance?

Back to top Go down
Ashura Harma
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Ashura Harma

PostSubject: Re: Centrepoint and its Competitors   Centrepoint and its Competitors I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 8:17 pm

I don't think so. I knew the old TF market, and I know the new one. It isn't bad, but the problem is that the Trading Community is small, and there is not room for two holomarkets. Being the older one, I guess CPM will kill his competitor once more.
The TF market can still hold for a long time, as all the GC members are more or less forced to use it.

One problem is that it is easier for people to search information (information in that case being price) in only one site. A solution could be that each market automatically cross-reference its offers on the other, but that would mean a lot more of compatibility. Then, each holomarket could try to do the difference on other services (banners, filters, ...).
Back to top Go down
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Centrepoint and its Competitors   Centrepoint and its Competitors I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:13 pm

I think the TFM has a chance if it continues to differentiate itself from CPM. CPM does many things well, and if TFM tries to mimic it, it will not last. If TFM, however, finds something CPM does not do or does not do well, it can have staying power.

A major benefit to the TFM are the hubs, and what they promise. Delivery is always left up to the merchant on CPM and can be a drawback if you are busy. I talked with old leadership who were planning a "trade route" deal where there would be a regularly scheduled route for frigates carrying purchased goods to different, local hubs. I think this could give TFM a place.
Back to top Go down
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

PostSubject: Re: Centrepoint and its Competitors   Centrepoint and its Competitors I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Galactic Trade Routes?

I know something like that was tried before. They would definitely need a HUGE contract, and maybe even Trading subcontractors for it to work. Not to mention that whoever is managing it would be even busier than Togan on any given day.

If this works, it would be a boon to galactic trade.
Back to top Go down
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Centrepoint and its Competitors   Centrepoint and its Competitors I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:16 am

Here is how the idea worked when we discussed it. maybe this can clear some things up.

The trading company would establish hubs, several in each area of the galaxy. Governments could also dedicate safe ports in their territory.

The trade route ship would either make a circuit of some or all of these hubs, or work a steady back-and-forth route.

The pilot would take purchased items from one hub to another, pick up items that are meant to be shipped to a hub later on the circuit, or pick up items from manufactures that have a deal with the Trade Company to take to the hub(s).

Obviously this would not be convenient enough to warrant everyone using it exclusively and killing any other more specialized transportation business. It also would not be the safest course of action for the company itself. But with a steady schedule, it could help boost the economy as people are more likely to purchase ships, items, and vehicles that can be transported closer to their location. Not everyone can afford a 18 day round trip to Asrat.
Back to top Go down
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

PostSubject: Re: Centrepoint and its Competitors   Centrepoint and its Competitors I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:35 pm

This would obviously take more than one company, even if you focused only on large clients, like companies and Governments.

The plus side would be if smaller transport outfits could "lease" the right to use those same hubs.
Back to top Go down
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

PostSubject: Re: Centrepoint and its Competitors   Centrepoint and its Competitors I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Also it seems that Veritas has a partnership with Centrepoint, meaning that Centrepoint has the potential to create its OWN competitor to what TF has planned:

http://www.veritas-holonet.com/veritas-101/
Back to top Go down
Calli Qirce
Scholar
Scholar
Calli Qirce

PostSubject: Re: Centrepoint and its Competitors   Centrepoint and its Competitors I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 4:40 pm

There is not enough manpower for that to happen.

Also, TF now has a strike on their reliability, due to their Director of Trade's (Lillith) almost capture by Syn.
Back to top Go down
Prard`aga Rono
Scholar
Scholar
Prard`aga Rono

PostSubject: Re: Centrepoint and its Competitors   Centrepoint and its Competitors I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Definitely a good point Calli. The capture and ransom of Seele was definitely a flashpoint for discontent in the Empire and a catalyst for the founding of the Empire-in-Exile(Imperium himself is a former Eidola member). Whether this idea of "one rule for the best and another for the rest" will create a similar reaction in the TF is unknown. If it is does, one of the bedrocks of the Galactic Concoordiate is at risk, and the GC itself.

How the TF responds to this will determine how it is perceived going forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Centrepoint and its Competitors   Centrepoint and its Competitors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Centrepoint and its Competitors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Scholars Guild :: Rooms of The Guild :: Politics-
Jump to: