The Scholars Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWC guild for Scholars in the combine. A place to read, discuss, present and learn about Philosophies, cultures, language amongst other things. The guild is faction neutral and accepts all into its halls.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
+9
Torc Tarmin
Harak Slamano
Vi Kairo
Claven Deleon
Doma Rax
Shiko Miru
Paul Luz
Mao Aadir
Rennek Cor
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Paul Luz
Senior Scholar
Senior Scholar
Paul Luz

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Page   Sign Up Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:43 pm

Absolutely!

I planned the RP so that each participant would have something to write a paper on, as well.
Back to top Go down
Thali`a
Junior Scholar
Junior Scholar
Thali`a

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Page   Sign Up Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:16 am

Congratz Paul and well done everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Belloq
Scholar
Scholar
Belloq

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Page   Sign Up Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 8:34 am

Congratulations to all the participants. I was intrigued by each of the papers, and was amazed at the level of detail of the research you all went to. To say that choosing a "best" among the pieces submitted was a challenge for Rennek is an understatement: all of the participants should have been rewarded.

My Master once told me, "Knowledge is its own reward." My reply to him was, "You can't spend 'truth' on rent and groceries."

As far as the Scholar's Pursuit, I was more interested in the honor than the prize money itself. My own needs are quite modest: food, drink, durasteel plates to repair my armor, and ammo for my weapons. Most of that is supplied by The Wraith quartermasters, and what isn't, comes cheaply enough.  

To that end, I have donated the generous honorarium to the Purser's Office in the care of Ashura Harma, in hopes that it can be used to better support additional scholarly work. I'd love to see more scholars encouraged to try their hand at adding to the number of scholarly works on hand here.

I hope that this first ever Pursuit is only the beginning of many to come.
Back to top Go down
Rennek Cor
Scholarly Administrator
Rennek Cor

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Page   Sign Up Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:59 pm

The 2nd Scholarly Pursuit is now registering entrants.
Back to top Go down
https://scholarsguild.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Page   Sign Up Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2