SWC guild for Scholars in the combine. A place to read, discuss, present and learn about Philosophies, cultures, language amongst other things. The guild is faction neutral and accepts all into its halls.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sentient Resources program.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neria Derycke
Junior Scholar
Junior Scholar

PostSubject: Sentient Resources program.   Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Greetings,
I like to request to start up a academy project that finds ways to increase motivation and activity of sentients that just start to explore the galaxy.
Ive been a recruitment officer and instructor for a while now, and have found many cheap and simple ways to increase motivation and turned many sentients into effictive members of the community.

I created a advanced program called Sentient Resources and used it to recruit and train members.
However, i like to expand my knowledge and specialize more in it and share my experience with others who have done or are doing the same as me.

If this project would get the aproval of the board i like to work with several sentients from other groups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/deryckeenterpises/
Rennek Cor
Scholarly Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Resources program.   Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Is there a specific amount of funding you will need for this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scholarsguild.forumotion.co.uk
Neria Derycke
Junior Scholar
Junior Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Resources program.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:20 am

Sorry for the late reply, i'm currently superbusy in rl and currently setting up a Sentient Resources Project in Tion.

There won't be a need for funding, this is purely to research ways to increase motivation among new members of the galaxy.
To many give up without giving it a real try.

I noticed there are 3 types of new members.

The ones that disapear after 1 month.
The ones that want to progress but find themselfs stuck due to the limitations the galaxy offers.
And the once they just keep messing up.

I aim to do something about the second group.
Many factions lose pottential future leaders because of the paranoia that rules in the galaxy.

Ever since i joined the galaxy, i have been dealing with recruitment and education of new members.
I'm devolping ways to get those recruits more involved in the SWC comunity and the faction i'm part of.
I like to see how other factions handle their own recruits and if they attmept to get their recruits more involved.

I think the Scholar Guild is the perfect group to help increase activity of those recruits in general.
Back to top Go down
Shiko Miru
Junior Scholar
Junior Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Resources program.   Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:50 pm

I think thats quite interesting, you seem to be quite knowledgable on sentient's who are just starting out. Seems like it would be both benificial to have you here and to have those that are just starting out here as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neria Derycke
Junior Scholar
Junior Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Resources program.   Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Sorry for the slow reply's, i will soon start this up. atm i'm taken up by a project in Tion and my own company.
I will soon share my experience Smile
Back to top Go down
Neria Derycke
Junior Scholar
Junior Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Resources program.   Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Once again, sorry for the massive delays. My duty in the Navy and the SRP projects are taking up massive amounts of time.

Anyway, lets get started:
4 months ago i started the Sentient Resources program in the Tion hegemony with the goal to increase motivation among recruits and prevent burnouts among senior ranks.
As you may know, most groups have a massive drop outs of employers because of loss of motivation or burn outs or varius of other elements.
Motivation is the biggest problem, the job of SRP is to increase motivation that will result in a cost effective and faster working system for the goverment or company.
Or, as i say it. Invest in you employers or citizens.
What i will post here is ment for larger groups that have a steady income, but smaller groups can use it as reference, as not all projects require a large investment.
also, i try to keep it IC, but for a total report i need to add some OOC things aswell.

Lets start with the cheaper and easier projects.
Games and raffles, most groups already have this, and while it proofs to be popular. One or two members always tend to spam the game boards before it completely dies out.
Its reccomended to hold such things for special events, as that create a bond between the members instead of grudges or annoyance towards the two spammers.

Raffles can be hold each month and you can ask a sign up price to keep the costs low or even make a small proffit, this will be gradely apreciated by the junior ranks who mostly lack the assets or creds to actively take part in the traderscommunity.
In Tion the junior ranks sign up free, while senior ranks pay a minimum fee and the High-Command members pay the maximum fee.
It covers the investment of the prizes.

RP:
Same, many groups have a RP board, but mostly it doesnt go further then a cantina that dies out after a month or two.
If you have someone in your group that knows how to create interesting RP's, give that person the means to do so. You can make it even more interested if you create a RP that can be used as background story for the characters.
However, this is a IC RP, if you are going to use a IC faction that isnt part of your group, ask clearance first or you break the IC rules of SWC.
To keep it easy use fictional factions in your RP  with the excepetion of your own group.
Try to keep the roles of the characters inline with the department they are part of.
A builder isnt a ace sniper or pilot while a pilot or sniper isnt a skilled engineer that can defuse a bomb one sec before it go's off, keep it real.
Also, keep the RP's light, don't kill it with heavy rules like in the oldschool RP's, the new generation of players isnt interested to do their daily SWC jobs and post long and heavy RP posts every two days.
Keep the story's short and fast, that way you reduce the change of having it die out.

Now on to the heavy stuff:
Trading opportunity's.
One thing that is important for recruits is that they want to be part of a galaxy, sadly.
The prices of the gadgets and ships are too high to allow a recruit to enter that galaxy, so most loose motivation fast.
With this you can aim at the 3 to 5 months members, when they are about to plan and start up their own small projects.
Many of them plan to build a station, and while they have the knowhow and creds to build a station by then.....the major problem is aquiring the RM's needed to build a station or anything else.
We at SRP have come up with a plan to assist:
Tion has a mining corporation, but the RM's are needet for use in goverment projects.
So, i set up a deal and arranged discounts with two mining corporations.
We let all the citizens that are willing to add a wishlist of matts, and send the list to the mining company's.
With a bulk order you increase the change on recieving a decent discount.
And you arrange the logistics of the RM's aswell, this makes it for the mining company more atractive to agree to sell to you. (I even convinced a company that never sell RM to the public to sell RM's to SRP)
The respons to this project was massive, and we all worked togheter to solve problems and more. But it requires allot of time from the person leading this project to orginaze.

starters kit and housing.
One thing that recruits like more then creds are clothes and a place to call home.
Offer basic starterskit: gunn, clothes, backpack,.... smaller groups that don't have the means or sentients to handle this. Then send the recruit to the nearest NPC shop.
This will increase motivation among recruits massively.
If you have several planets and it would take years to build them for a max income, why not offer a few city's to offer residential buildings for the recruits? Just as with the starterskit you will have less problems with keeping employers in your service. (this is what Tion does long before SRP was created)
Or if you lack the room, a T1 or T2 can serve as housing, install level 1 or 2 locks and assign the rooms to the recruits, that way they have a small place where they can store items and a place to return to.

RP in darkness,
will contineu later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Resources program.   

Back to top Go down

Sentient Resources program.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1